Egg Carton Crafts are the easiest and best recycled craft you can make! It’s really fun to show our kids how many amazing things they can create out of something they look at as trash. All you need is a little imagination!
To spark that creativity, here is an enormous list of 50+ Amazing Egg Carton Crafts you can create. Maybe you even have your own ideas – scroll down to share them with us!
50+ Amazing Egg Carton Crafts
Egg Carton Crafts For Spring and Easter
Egg carton crafts are the perfect craft for spring-a season that symbolically embraces the egg. It’s also an economical craft, since you will be buying eggs to dye, just save those cartons!
- Create gorgeous Egg Carton Floral Bouquet Art with this easy craft from Mod Podge Rocks!
- Meaningful Mama‘s Easter Chicks are adorable, and the perfect Easter craft.
- Make your own Very Hungry Caterpillar with an egg carton and some paint, thanks to this awesome idea from Crafty Morning!
- These pretty Egg Carton Spring Flowers, from Toddler Approved, are fun to paint and decorate.
Egg Carton Crafts For Halloween
There are few things in life that are more fun than Halloween DIYs and crafts! There are so many spooky ways to incorporate egg cartons into your Halloween crafting.
- These Egg Carton Monsters, from The Craft Train, aren’t scary!
- Easily make a Bouncing Egg Carton Spider to decorate for Halloween, or even try and prank someone!
- Top off any cat costume with this Egg Carton Cat Nose from The Craft Train.
- Egg Carton Spider Puppets, from The Craft Train, will get you in the Halloween spirit!
- Your kids will go batty for this Egg Carton Bat, from Crafty Morning!
Egg Carton Crafts for Christmas
The holidays are the perfect time for cosy crafting with egg cartons! From DIY decorations, to thoughtful, homemade gifts, egg carton crafts are one of my holiday go-tos!
- These Egg Carton Elves, from Crafty Morning, are Santa’s favorite helpers!
- Kids will love to craft and then play with this Egg Carton Nativity Scene, from Michelle Made Me.
- Decorate your house with gorgeous Egg Carton Snowflakes, from White House Black Shutters.
- Make a Christmas Tree Out of Egg Cartons with this festive craft from Jdaniel4’sMom.
Easy Egg Carton Crafts That Are Educational
The best thing about kids is that to them, anything and everything can be an educational experience! Use these egg carton craft ideas as fun supplements to lessons in the classroom or at home.
- This is awesome, use an egg carton and beads to make a Jelly Fish with this craft idea from Crafts by Amanda.
- Make a large Pretend Mouth From Egg Cartons to teach children about brushing their teeth.
- This Ocean Scene, from The Imagination Tree, is so fun and perfect for learning about ecosystems!
- This Egg Carton Computer Hack from Totally The Bomb isn’t necessarily a craft, but it is certainly an educational aid!
- How cute is this Egg Carton Oyster, from Crafty Morning?
- Brush up on math skills with an Egg Carton Number Toss Game!
Fairy Tale and Make Believe Egg Carton Crafts
- Use an egg carton and craft sticks to make a really amazing Pirate Ship, with this idea from Molly Moo Crafts.
- Fantastic Fun and Learning‘s Crown Made From Egg Carton Pieces is truly majestic!
- Make your favorite Ninja Turtles from pieces of an egg carton, with this craft from The OT Toolbox.
Are Egg Carton Crafts Safe?
This post contains affiliate links.
I love to repurpose as many items in my home as I can, including egg cartons… but is it safe to craft with used egg cartons? Eggs processed and sold in the USA are washed prior to packaging to cut down on bacteria. This doesn’t necessarily protect from bacteria caused by being jostled or broken during transport or in the store, after the fact. I think we’ve all had at least one experience at the grocery store of reaching into the cooler to grab a carton of eggs, only to wind up with a slimy hand (fun times!). So, if there is a chance that bacteria is present, isn’t it a bad idea to craft with egg cartons?
If you have styrofoam containers, you can wash them with hot soapy water and then let them air dry prior to crafting. This isn’t really an option with the cardboard containers, so go with your gut on this one. If there is any sign of egg left on the carton after use, discard it. Have your child wash their hands after handling unwashed cardboard cartons that you craft with, just to be safe. You can also buy brand new, unused egg cartons for a fairly reasonable price.
Egg Carton Craft Link-Up
Here are the rest of the egg carton crafts! You can even add your own! By linking up, you give other blogs permission to link back to your site and use one photo in a roundup post. Family friendly links only, please.
More Egg Carton Crafts
Are you still looking for more ways to craft with egg cartons? Check out these crafts:
What’s the coolest thing you’ve ever made out of egg cartons? Comment below and share with us!