Are you kicking off summer with a Memorial Day BBQ? These 5 Red, White and Blue Patriotic Treats will be the hit of the party!
5 Red, White, and Blue Patriotic Treats!
This post contains affiliate links.
These are some of my favorite Memorial Day treats to make! The best part, is that you probably already have most of the ingredients for these treats in your fridge and pantry!
They are also relatively easy to make, which is perfect if you’re looking for Memorial Day recipes for a crowd if you decide on a last-minute BBQ.
Patriotic Fruit Flag
- Package Blueberries
- 2 Bananas
- Package Strawberries
- 8 Wooden skewers
- Cut the bananas into 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces (you will need about 32 pieces).
- Cut the strawberries into 1 to 1 1/2 inch piece (again, you need about 32 pieces).
- Start by placing 6 blueberries on the top of 4 wooden skewers.
- Finish those skewers, layering a banana and strawberry 3 times.
- Take the remaining 4 skewers, and start layering the bananas and strawberries, 5 time each, so it matches up with the other skewers.
- This will look like an American flag once you are finished.
Red, White, and Blue Cupcakes
- Red Velvet Cupcake Mix + 3 eggs, water, oil
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz. package Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- Mix together the cake mix with eggs, water, and oil.
- Fill cupcake liners about 3/4 full. Bake for 14-19 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, make the icing by beating the cream cheese and powdered sugar together.
- Add vanilla, and slowly add the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Let the cupcakes cool, then add icing to the top, followed by a few blueberries.
- White Chocolate
- Blue sugar sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a double boil system, melt the white chocolate.
- Once melted, dip the tip of the strawberry in the chocolate, then in the blue sugar sprinkles.
- Place on parchment paper, and put in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes, until the chocolate hardens.
Red, White & Blue Pretzels
- Add the white chocolate to the top of a pretzel snap, and put on a paper plate.
- Put in the microwave for 45 seconds, until the chocolate is slightly melted.
- Remove and add the red, white, and blue M&M’s, in the shape of a flower.
- Serve once it hardens.
This really fun idea is courtesy of Two Sisters Crafting.com
Red, White & Blue Rice Candles
- 3 cups Rice
- Red & Blue food coloring
- Mini votive candle
- Separate the rice into 3 different bowls with 1 cup each
- Add red food coloring to one bowl, blue to another and mix together
- Let dry and layer the red, white (plain rice) and blue in a small mason jar
- Add the candle to the top
This is fun for a table display for a Memorial Day or 4th of July party!
Some of Our Favorite Kitchen Products
Few things get me as excited as new gadgets to play with in the kitchen! Here are some of my must-have items:
- Fresh Baby Ice Cube Trays with lids
- Cuisinart Food Processor
- The I Heart Naptime Cookbook by Jamielyn Nye
- Giant Popcorn bowl
- Individual Popcorn bowls
- VillaWare Uno Classic Waffle Maker
- VillaWare Farmyard Waffle Maker
- Hand Blender
- Pizza Peel
- Pyrex Baking Dishes
- Pizza Wheel (cutter)
- Taco Holder
- Pizza Stone
- Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Double Burner Reversible Grill/Griddle
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle and Cover
- BPA free lunch containers
- Egg Rite Egg Timer
- Fit and Fresh container
- One Touch Electric Bottle Opener
- Half Pint Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Ninja Professional Blender
- Zoku Quick Pop Maker
- Williams-Sonoma Open Kitchen Half Apron in Red or Blue
- Plano Half-Size Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers – for road trip snacks
- Curious Chef 3-Piece Nylon Knife Set
- Cuisinart 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker
- Victorinox Fibrox Straight Edge Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch
- Lemon Squeezer
- Mason Jars
- Apple Corer
- Popcorn Bowl
- MaxiMatic double burner hot plate
- Glass Egg carton
- Black & Decker 4 slice toaster
- Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer
- Cuisinart 8-cup Food Processor
- Meat Mallet
- Ice Cream or Cookie Scooper
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- 3-Piece Veggie Peeler
- Garlic Press
More Red, White, and Blue Crafts and Treats
Looking for more fun recipes and some crafts for Memorial Day or the 4th of July? Check these out:
What are you making for Memorial Day this year? Comment below!